By Meleni Aldridge, executive coordinator & Melissa Smith, outreach and communications officer
Imagine a world where half of the world’s children, with a 4:1 ratio boys to girls, are diagnosed with some form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). If, as referenced in the film Vaxxed: From Cover-up to Catastrophe, we continue on the current trajectory this could be our reality in as little as 15 years (2032).
Despite the concerted attempts by skeptics and the media to stop the screening of the London premiere of ‘Vaxxed’, it went ahead last night in a secret location. So, whilst the Curzon in Mayfair got ‘cold feet’ and pulled out thanks to the actions of the pro-vaxxers, the new venue was bigger, so with some poetic justice, it allowed an additional 100 people from the extensive waiting list to attend.
Meleni Aldridge, executive coordinator, and Melissa Smith, outreach and communication officer, from ANH-Intl were guests at the premiere and were extremely privileged to share 90 minutes of private interview time with Andrew Wakefield prior to the screening. Nothing like hearing it straight from the horse’s mouth!
Contrary to what the nay-sayers would have us all believe, this is not a piece of subjective anti-vaccination propaganda. This is a well-researched, thought-provoking documentary bringing to light what the filmmakers have described as the most serious humanitarian crime in history. The film reveals how 5 scientists from the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) knowingly and deliberately fudged scientific data because those data clearly identified a causal link between the MMR vaccine and ‘isolated autism’ in previously healthy children. Isolated autism is the term given to the type of autism experienced by children with no history of developmental, immunological or neurological symptoms and considered normal/healthy before their vaccination. It is a cover-up of legendary and tragic proportions.
Last night Andrew Wakefield told us, “We have accused these scientists with the worst humanitarian crime in history. Tens of thousands of children suffer permanent neurological and immunological damage as a result. If anything we have said [in Vaxxed] is fraudulent they would have sued us to the moon and back and they have not filed a case. It is the truth. The statute of limitations on filing a lawsuit has now expired.”
From left to right: Meleni Aldridge, Andrew Wakefield, Melissa Smith
Why make Vaxxed?
Following the retraction of Wakefield’s Lancet paper, the CDC was tasked with making a definitive statement in relation to whether or not there is a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. From 2003, when the Murdoch-owned Sunday Times initiated its attack on Wakefield up until 2014 when CDC whistle-blower, senior scientist William Thompson PhD stepped forward, Andrew Wakefield was hung out to dry. He lost his home and his career in the process. We know now that the CDC was busy doing its damndest to prove that no link existed. However, with Thompson’s testimony, it’s now looking highly likely that a full, balanced, statistical analysis of the complete dataset collected in the state of Georgia would have demonstrated a highly significant risk of children developing isolated autism following MMR vaccination. What happened instead was that a limited part of the data was published in the journal Pediatrics in 2004 and this became the prime instrument of the CDC to justify the absence of any link between autism and the MMR vaccine. In short, the data were deliberately manipulated — and there was a cover-up!
When the initial re-jigging of the data failed, in September 2002, the group of 5 scientists met and decided to selectively destroy all the documents that could link them to an incorrect manipulation of the data, with the result that the final paper showed no statistical link between vaccination and autism. This paper then became the ideal weapon against anti-vaxxers and has for over a decade, under false pretences, sustained the scientific consensus that no link exists.
With one fell stroke, tens of thousands of families were denied compensation payments for vaccine damages and tens of thousands more fed innocently into the CDC’s regular vaccine schedule. All the while, the incidence rates of autism have risen exponentially.
Whistle-blower, Dr William Thompson was one of those 5 CDC scientists. Realising it was a crime to destroy the evidence associated with the analyses that had been carried out he made and kept, copies of all of his paperwork and datasets. He then fed this information to Brian Hooker PhD, who contacted Andrew Wakefield and the rest is, as they say, history — Vaxxed history.
In 2014, following questions raised by congressman Posey, Dr Thompson admitted that vital data were withheld in the 2004 Pediatrics paper, showing an increased risk of autism among Afro-American males. The fact that the Pediatrics paper has not yet been retracted given Thompson’s admission is a glaring example of publication bias.
Andrew Wakefield [Image courtesy of David Wilson ©]
“I have lectured to many chiropractors who come with their children. They are mostly unvaccinated and are free of disease. They way children are meant to be. There is very little immunological disease in these children. No need for antibiotics. They have fully functioning immune systems.”
14th February 2017, London.
This article is in no way meant to suffice for seeing the film. We would go so far as to say that Vaxxed is essential viewing for everyone. There is no substitute for education that will allow for truly informed choices to be made.
However, following are some key observations that arose from our interview with Andrew Wakefield and after seeing the London premiere:
- The CDC data demonstrate a significant risk for all children (not just Afro-American males) of developing autism following vaccination (MMR). However, as further research findings come to light, causation becomes more complex. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may not just be linked to the use of live viruses, but also to the inclusion of mercury and aluminium as adjuvants. It is thought that these may preload the immune system making it more susceptible to the live virus. The health risks linked to the use of aluminium and mercury (thimerosal) in vaccines has been shown in animal studies.
- The first link to autism and the disturbance of the gut microbiome was actually found by nurse (and mother) Ellen Bolte. Last night Andrew Wakefield lamented how much further on the knowledge-base would be if his research had been allowed to continue. He said, “We’re learning now that the gut microbiome can determine the development of the immune system in the gut, but also the development of the brain. No man is an island. We are entirely dependent for normal functioning on the gut microbiome and you disturb that at your peril.”
- There appears to be increasing evidence of a link between the use of antibiotics pre-vaccination and increased autism incidence post-vaccination, especially in children under 3 years old. This relationship is brought home in Vaxxed by Polly and John Tommey’s description in the film of what happened to their son Billy.
- When Wakefield was asked why some vaccinated children are healthy and others not, he shared Mark Blaxill’s view that 100% of all vaccinated children are damaged, but that the damage isn’t necessarily obvious. Blaxill commented that maybe it might just be about shaving 6 points off a child’s IQ. He has also said that in the US, the SAT scores have had to be re-centred twice in the last 10 years to make sure children can pass. Girls are not failing as much, boys are and boys are highly susceptible to early exposure to neurological toxins. There’s a sex specific difference and this would appear to be supported by the roughly 4-fold greater incidence in autism in boys compared with girls.
- Many clinicians and researchers in the field now think that there is a relationship between vaccine-challenged immune systems and conditions like childhood eczema, asthma and hayfever, as well as the development of Crohn’s and coeliac disease.
- The future for pharma, said Wakefield, is looking grim given the cost of bringing new drugs to market. Vaccines are their future with a 14% year on year growth and more than 200 in development currently. Made especially so because they are deemed essential for public health and therefore do not need to undergo the rigorous safety and efficacy testing mandated for new drugs. This is also why Wakefield and other experts in Vaxxed are adamant that there is no such thing as a safe vaccine. It’s also why Brandy Vaughan, herself a Merck whistle-blower during the Vioxx scandal, revealed that the HPV vaccine is often referred to as Merck’s ‘Have to Pay for Vioxx’ vaccine!
The Vaxxed Call to Action
Vaxxed, its associated US national tour and increasingly, its tour to Europe and beyond, has some crucially important messages to communicate, some relating specifically to the need for actions in the USA. These will require massive public pressure.
- That the US Congress subpoena Dr William Thompson and investigate the CDC fraud
- That the US Congress repeal the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act and hold manufacturers liable for injury caused by their vaccines rather than making government’s accept responsibility on their behalf
- That the single measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine be made available immediately
- That all vaccines be classified as pharmaceutical drugs and be tested accordingly.
We urge you to circulate this article widely, and read our article on informed vaccination choice also published on the ANH International website today. And please watch Vaxxed: from Cover-Up to Catastrophe. As of 9pm last night the film was available to stream in the UK and Ireland from the comfort of your own home on any one of your devices.
We’ve produced a short video promo too – help it go viral. Grassroots pressure is our most powerful tool.
Andrew Wakefield giving his post-screening speech
Andrew Wakefield receiving his award from the chair of EU-based EFVV, Dr Kris Gaublomme
The Vaxxed expert panel with Jackie Fletcher (JABS), Dr Kris Gaublomme (EFVV), Dr Jane Donegan (UK GP), Brandy Vaughan (Vaxxed, Merck whistle-blower, LearnTheRisk.org) and Andrew Wakefield.
Watch the video of the panel discussion.