Electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from electrical and telecommunication devices—creating electrohypersensitivity—or killing you slowly?
- EMR campaign summary
- EMR facts
- The Bioinitiative Report
- What is electrohypersensitivity?
- Further reading
- ANH tips to reduce exposure to EMR
- Useful links
- Related pages
Join our key worldwide campaign: Time to say NO to smart meters! Take action and spread the word!
EMR CAMPAIGN SUMMARY:
- Modern technology could pose a significant threat to our health and to the health of future generations.
- Many people now are suffering symptoms of a disorder that has been named “Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity”.
- Scientists world wide are increasingly concerned about the amounts of electro-radiation we are being exposed to.
- Wireless telecommunications systems pose a significant radiation risk, although the companies that make them seem reluctant to fund research into this.
- There are ways to limit our exposure to electro-magnetic radiation and help minimise the risks posed to our health.
Filmed in Ten countries and Six US states, Full Signal examines the contradiction between health and finance, one of the many ironies of the fight to regulate antenna placement and EMR. Watch the trailer
Watch a video in which ElectromagneticHealth.org founder, Camilla Rees, presents an overview of an emerging public health issue – excessive exposures to microwave radiation from wireless technologies.
An upcoming community-based film about the “No Smart Meter” revolution, gathering steam in British Columbia, the US and around the world. Find out why it is critical that we occupy our power, and take a stand now at this key time in history.
13th February 2013: ‘Time to say NO to smart meters‘
Join our campaign to help stop or slow international roll out of smart meters which ignore significant health risks
Did you know that:
- Your mobile phone—if used a lot—could be exposing you to serious harm?
- A cordless telephone base station may expose you to the same risk as a cellphone mast in your backyard
- Power lines—especially if you live or work close to them—could increase your risk of cancer?
- Scientists have no real idea just how great the risk of cumulative and multiple exposures to all sources of Electro-Magnetic Radiation (EMR) are, such as from cellphones, cordless base stations, power lines, wireless computers?
- Children are especially at risk from EMR
- Are you suffering from electrohypersensitivity—now recognised as a functional disorder and not as a disease—caused by excessive exposure to Electromagnetic Field (EMF) sources? Click here for more information.
Read a recent report warning of cell phone risks in the peer review journal, Environmental Health Perspectives.
Listen to podcast by EMR expert Roger Coghill from the Medcross Group on ANH Natural Health Hour broadcast www.iamhealthyradio.com entitled “Cell phones and biosensitivity to electro-magnetic fields”.
On 18th September 2008, Dr Rob Verkerk, ANH Executive Director, wrote an open letter to all members of the European Parliament’s Committee for the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) concerning the misappropriation of risk from cell phones and other sources of EMR. This letter accompanied a petition to the European Parliament’s Petitions Committee.
The Bioinitiative Report
On 31 August 2007, a group of top scientists, all of whom are experts in the field of EMR, published a report, known as the Bioinitiative Report, which, in its 610 pages, gave us the low-down on the risks that we are exposed to in our electronic age. The report was updated in 2012 and concludes that the situation is much worse than thought in 2007, and the levels of exposure we face now are higher. We now have far more evidence than is necessary to require us to immediately take more precautionary action to protect ourselves, our children and all life of the planet.
Most children in the western world now have access to cordless phones or mobile phones. Many are exposed to the radiation output of these devices while they sleep—yet they, and even their parents—know little or nothing about the risk to which they are exposed.
The bottom line is that we are all exposed to increasing numbers of radiation sources and more and more science is showing us that there are some very real risks associated with these modern technologies. The telecommunications companies that make the technology, like the tobacco industry before them, seem hell-bent on covering up the science that exposes the risks, and goes out of its way to avoid funding scientitic research in this area.
What is electrohypersensitivity?
Do you feel exhausted with no seemingly adequate explanation? Are you suffering from skin rashes? Have you got an organ disorder that medical diagnoses have so far been unable to explain?
You could be suffering from electrohypersensitivity. Professor Olle Johansson from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden has found that there are around a quarter of a million Swedes suffering from a range of symptoms following exposure to sources of EMF. These people are electrohypersensitive. The more our telecommunications systems develop—the more we rely on wireless systems of communication—the more cases we will see.
- Are you prepared to allow your children to be exposed?
- Could you become more productive by reducing your exposure?
- Could you reduce your 1 in 2 or 3 chance of getting cancer, if you also look to reduce your daily exposure to EMF sources?
You may need or want to reduce your exposure to sources of EMF. If you think you might be electrohypersensitive and you feel better after reducing your exposure to sources of EMF, the chances are that EMF was the culprit and that you will significantly reduce your long-term risk of serious disease, including cancer.
Click here to read the World Health Organization conference proceedings (2006) on electrohypersensitivity.
Johansson O, “Fredrik Reinfeldt, now that you are Sweden’s prime minister, are you prepared to listen?” J Aust Coll Nutr & Env Med 2007; 26: 19-20.
Johansson O, “The effects of radiation in the cause of cancer”, The Charity Canceractive, Nov 6, 2005.
ANH tips to reduce your exposure to EMR
- Defender Shield make protective shields that work against all types of EMR – including cellular, bluetooth, wifi, ELF and heat radiations from gadgets. Their products have been independantly tested and approved by the FCC
- Use corded telephones whenever possible instead of a cordless DECT phone (a DECT phone emits radiation equivalent to living within 250 metres of a cell phone mast!)
- Ensure you have at least one corded telephone in your house and workplace so that this can become your most often used telephone
- Do not use any cordless or mobile telephone for extended periods i.e., more than 10 mins per use.
- Try to avoid placing mobile phones directly against the ear or head.If you need to do this, alternate the phone between each ear every minute or so.
- Use speakerphone or an air tube device if possible to avoid placing mobile phone against the head (close to the brain). Source air tubes and anti-radiation headsets.
- Do not carry mobile telephones in pockets, belt holsters or bags close to the body. (Even keeping a mobile phone 10 cms away from the body will substantially reduce radiation risks compared with carrying it on the body)
- Do not place any wireless router or cordless telephone base station (DECT phone) in bedrooms or rooms occupied regularly
- If a cordless handset is required use one which does not emit EMR when not in use e.g., Orchid Low Radiation phones or the Siemens Gigaset Eco DECT set to Eco mode. These links are for UK outlets, you’ll have to look around to buy one in other countries.
- Turn off any wireless routers or cordless DECT base stations at night
- Avoid using wireless baby monitors (use hardwired systems instead)
- Do not let children use wireless DECT handsets or mobile phones if possible. Otherwise limit usage as far as possible
- Avoid using microwave ovens (potentially harmful radiation can be measured at distances of over 10m when in use)
- When using a mobile phone use a radiation control device proven scientifically to reduce radiation risks
- Avoid using wireless computers on your lap
- Where possible turn off the wireless setting on laptops and access the internet via an Ethernet cable
The Grassroots Environmental Education and Environmental Health Trust
The Babysafe Project
Take Back Your Power – Worldwide awareness about the smart meter rollout
Resonance: Beings of Frequency – powerful documentary about RF/ EMF
In the UK
In the US
6th January 2016 Smart meter risks in 2016: global rollout continues
22nd July 2015 Parents take steps to remove children from UK primary school over wi-fi risks
22nd May 2014 A UK industry group looks the other way on EMR and mobile phone safety
3rd July 2013 Second thoughts in the technology age
26th Jun 2013 Why you should avoid having a smart meter installed
13th Feb 2013 Time to say NO to smart meters!
9th Jan 2013 Electromagnetic tumour treatment in an Arabian horse
16th Jan 2013 New 2012 update to leading report on electromagnetic radiation
24th Oct 2012 Electrosmog and colony collapse disorder
7th Nov 2012 Utility companies set to irradiate our homes unless we say no
25th July 2012 Should you be concerned about electromagnetic radiation?
4th July 2012 ANH-Intl Guest Feature: Therapeutic effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields
July 2011 Mercola.com: Worse Than Cigarettes? The Silent Enemy Harming Your Health Today
June 2011 Details emerge on possible cell phone radiation risk
June 2011 Be Aware: These Cell Phones Can Emit 28 Times More Radiation
25th May 2011 Council of Europe report: ban mobiles and wireless networks in schools
February 2011 UK government warns youngsters to reduce exposure to mobile phones despite “no convincing evidence” of harm
17th January 2011 Concerns over electro-magnetic radiation rise
18th December 2009 Texting or phoning – which is safer?