“Tell me and I’ll forget. Show me and I might remember.
Involve me and I’ll understand”
– Chinese Proverb
The time for sitting on the sidelines is over.
Step up, opt in and play your part in world change.
10 ways to make a difference….
- Support us and donate to the campaign fund
- Use your democratic right
- Stay in touch
- Inform yourself
- Inform your customers
- Spread the word
- Fund-raising event
1. Support us and donate to the campaign fund
- Do you know that the ANH-Intl is funded entirely on donations?
- Do you know that with your help we’ve raised nearly a million pounds Sterling (US$1,943,124) since we began in February 2002?
- Do you know that only a mere 15% has gone to running costs and the rest into the campaign?
- Do you know that we have 10 campaigns running across a wide spectrum that we call Sustainable Healthcare? Are the issues covered by these campaigns of relevance to you, your family or other loved ones?
- Do you know that the ANH-IntlTeam is 100% committed to protecting and promoting your freedom of choice in natural healthcare worldwide?
- Do you know that without your financial support the ANH-Intl will cease to exist?
- We are deeply grateful for all donations we receive. If you can, please think about a regular donation. A donation of just £5 GB (US$9) a month makes a huge difference to us. Find out just how easy it is to donate and keep the ANH-Intl machine oiled.
- Bequests are the lifeblood of most charities and not-for-profit organisations. If you support our important work and wish to have a continued influence and leave a legacy for your family and friends, your bequest will be accepted gratefully and with respect for any specific instructions you may have for its use. Please contact us for more information.
2. Use your democratic right
Use your democratic right, campaign with us – write to your local elected representatives and government institutions when the need arises, watch our e-Alerts (in the left hand column) and website for notifications of specific timing for this.
Many of us feel we are living in a post-democracy age, but there is still evidence that in most so-called democratic countries the will of the people, if powerful enough, makes a difference. But make sure you do as much as possible to let your friends, relatives and contacts to do the same, for bigger impact.
Check out our campaign pages and write to your elected representative about the issues that you care about most.
Template letters to send to your MP/MEP.
Template letter regarding MPL’s and traditional medicinal products in English.
Since form letters are largely ignored by politicians and regulators, please choose the issue or issues that concern you most and, in your own words, write to your elected representative (see below). Keep your letters brief and to the point and wherever possible explain how the issue of concern might impact you, your family, friends or your business.
If you don’t already know who your elected representative is, the following links and information may help:
Find your Member of the European Parliament at the following link http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members.do.
- Contact information for representatives: http://www.house.gov
- Contact information for senators: http://www.senate.gov
Click here to find your parliamentary representative.
Click here to find your MP or how to submit a petition to the House of Representatives.
You can usually find your elected representative by going to your country-specific Google search engine, and in the search box, entering (in your local language) the following terms: find elected representative parliament.
4. Inform yourself
Learn more, get informed about the challenge to your freedom of health choice in your country and act local in your community. We’re here to support you in any way we can. This website is a really good place to learn just how perilous our future is in relation to our access to natural health. Please make sure you sign up to our regular eBlasts from our homepage.
5. Inform your customers
If you are a manufacturer, distributor or retailer in the natural health sector, we hold a range of handy A5 flyers and resources that aren’t available to download from our site. These are perfect to include in your customer packages. Assisting us in our outreach to raise awareness of the issues facing this industry sector helps you to keep products on the shelves. We would be happy to arrange a call to discuss what we have in our information arsenal that may be appropriate for your customers — and we’re also very happy to work in partnership with you to create a bespoke campaign too!
For more information, please contact us directly at:
Susie Crone, administrative coordinator
+44 (0)1306 646 600
Forward our eAlerts and links to interesting articles on the ANH-Intl website, get us linked on related sites, help raise the ANH-Intl profile by talking about us on your favourite blog sites.
For those healthy techies out there, what about coming up with some creative screensavers, icons, flash/media clips or videos to help get our campaign message across? We’re a very busy, committed, but small team and we’d really appreciate some help.
7. Spread the word
Commit to introducing just three people a month to the ANH-Intl campaign and ask them to do the same. Please get them to sign up on the eAlerts (right side, ANH-Intl homepage) so they stay in touch with the campaign.
Take part in our online polls, we are planning to use them to inform strategy and tell Regulators what YOU want (or need!). Watch the ANH-Intl homepage for when we want your opinions!
9. Fund-raising event
Calling all out-of-the-box thinkers; what can you do to help us whilst still having some fun yourself? Some initial ideas, but by no means a complete list:
- Sponsored challenges like marathons, parachute jumps, endurance sports;
- Fetes and community events;
- Car boot/garage sales;
- Dinner dances, lunches, coffee mornings, garden parties;
- Music events;
- Sale of your services be they creative or practical;
- Sale of unused household items and clothes on eBay
Volunteer your services to the ANH-Intl and donate some time – send us your CV/resume and an idea of what you can offer and we’ll get back to you. In this age of technology you can be anywhere in the world….
Be positive, by moving forward together we create a dynamic force for change. Our collective attitude to the much needed paradigm shift we are working towards is of the utmost importance and we cannot afford to feel negative or overwhelmed by the task for we only give more power to that which we are opposing. Remember:
“Any idea that is held in mind, that is emphasised, that is FEARED or REVERED will begin at once to clothe itself in the most convenient and appropriate form that is available.”
– Andrew Carnegie (as given to Napoleon Hill)
We invite you to make a commitment here and now to fill your heart and mind with ideas of a successful shift to a more Sustainable Healthcare system, in harmony with nature and respecting our freedoms to choose they way we want to live our lives. Ideas you can revere and not fear and above all, let’s make sure we have some fun along the way – the process of creation should be an exhilharating ride on the river of life!
“It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because
you can only do a little. Do what you can.”
– Sydney Smith 1771-1845 English Writer.
If you’ve got some more ideas that could held us work even more effectively together, we’d love to hear them: [email protected]
Please note that although we welcome all your thoughts, ideas and offerings and hope you’ll keep up a steady stream, the ANH-Intl reserves the right to decide what information appears on the site or is used in the Campaign.